Thursday, November 19, 2009

Headless Girl Grows Hands


Work on the "Headless Girl" moves forth--I've painted in more detail in the hands with encaustic.  There's still some awkwardness to be resolved but it was good to get into a rhythm of actually painting with the wax rather than layering, transferring, or embedding.



It's tempting to take the wax paper off so I can see the painting in its entirety, but then I'd just have to re-attach it, so I've resisted so far...



I've also started another in my pattern series.  I plan on making a grid with five or so more.



Here's one of my earlier pattern encaustics.  There was something appealing about the simplicity of these, so I did not add further layers.  The visible grain of the wood seemed to work well with the tissue pattern paper and I liked the single overlap--not too overdone (overworking is usually my specialty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment